cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from BE5k to CUCM 9.1 and Unity Connection 9.1 (not BE6k)

mbaker33
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are starting to embark down the road of migrating from our BE5k system, to separated CUCM and Unity 9.1 systems on UCS Blades running ESXi.  I was wondering if there might be some documentation already existing on how we might accomplish this.  I have done upgrades in the past, and I'm sure there's a COP file or 3 that I need to install to make it all work properly.  I searched the Cisco site for such documents, but couldn't really find anything specific.

We'll also be migrating our Cisco Presence from the old MCS platform to the UCS ESXi setup as well.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Here is the guide:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33988

For presence, it will be a backup/restore depending on version of software and its hardware compatibility.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Here is the guide:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33988

For presence, it will be a backup/restore depending on version of software and its hardware compatibility.

Thanks George,

That's the documentation for migrating to BE6k.  We are breaking away from the BE platform and doing full installs for CUCM and CUC.  Does the same article apply?

I suspected that the Presence would be that simple, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Mark

You should be able to use the same for configuration/data migrations but install the base OS according to normal CUCM/CUCN practices. 

Thanks again George!

One last question regarding the OVA/OVF.  Does each UC App have its own OVA, or does the single UCM OVA work fine for each various App?  i.e. Presence, Unity, CM, etc.

Yep, each app has its own OVA. This can be found on CCO under the respective products. Good luck!

Hi George,

The documentation seems to be specific to version 9.1.  Do you have similar documentation for 8.5?  The method for creating the COBRA user is different in 8.5. 

Thanks,

Mark

Unfortunately I havent seen one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: