cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from Unity 7.0 to Unity Connection 8.5 on a new server.

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I am currently in the process of migrating from Unity 7.0 on a windows platform to Unity Connection 8.5 on a new Linux server. I was unaware that UC 8.x runs on Linux so this caught me off guard.

Can someone offer any tips, guides, links, etc. that may help me out?

Also, TAC said the procedure should consist of running a COBRAS Export in Unity 7.0 and then a COBRAS Import on the Unity Connection 8.5 box. I know how to do this on the Windows Platform, but I'm unsure as how to do it via Linux.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, defintely use COBRAS check out COBRAS help files:

http://ciscounitytools.com/

and serach this forum for COBRAS, you will find hundreds of very good threads.

Chris

Plus I hear the guy who wrote COBRAS, in additional to being amazingly smart and improbably good looking, monitors these forums and is pretty helpful when folks run into trouble with it…

Fantastic!

I've got the new Unity Connection Server up and my VM Pilot defined and added into CUCM Server, along with a test VM Profile.

My next step would be to run the COBRAS Export on my current Unity Server. However, once that's done, How do I Import the data into the Unity Connection Server? Is there a COBRAS Import Utility I need to install?

Thanks again!

James

Correct, you need to download it from the provided link.

Read the help file for information on what is imported and what is not.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

There are also some good training videos from Jeff (the amazingly smart and improbably good looking) :-)

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: