cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating to PIMG

slc2
Level 1
Level 1

UM 404sr1, Intecom serial integration, Dialogic 240 PCI-T1 card. Introducing PIMG to replace the Dialogic cards.

Can I run the current integration while I add the PIMG integration back to the Intecom pbx? The idea is to run both in parallel and test the PIMG prior to removing the legacy serial integration.

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can add the PIMG's to the Unity server Intigration UTIM. You will then need to manually change the pilot number for each phone so it will roll into the PIMG ports.

For instance.... if you had every phone on that system pointed to 5000 after 4 rings, which is your T1 card on the Unity server, you would need a pilot number such as 5001. Each phone you migrate over will need have the following:

- need VM pilot number (after four rings go to 5001

- In the Unity profile of this subscriber, you have to update their Switch Profile. It's on the first page of the subscriber profile near the bottom. If you do not, MWI's may not work.

I havent looked with the the PIMGs if they work with Intecom, but if all it is for MWI is dial codes, then it should be fine. However, testing and retesting for a couple weeks to get the bugs out helps.

Also take in to the equation Call Handlers.

Good luck!

tc

We are playing with it in our lab. We got it to work running the serial line to the PIMG vs. the unity server. It takes 15 secs before it answers. and it's not recognizing the DNIS.

Make sure you are running the latest code on the PIMGs. I have a Rolm system that was doing the same thing. It also had something to do with the PIMG trying to parase the DNIS caller ID for some reason. If the persons name was Robert Ward and we changed it to R Ward, it worked fine... but Robert Ward would not. It was only on a few names.

On the PIMG, you should just be able to take 8 digital ports off the PBX and plug them into the PIMG, then the ethernet into the switch on the same subnet as the Unity server. Those 8 digital ports, put them in a hunt group with a pilot number...

When you say the latest code. Which one? DSP, Main Board Boot or Gateway Application? All? From the Intel website?

Ok, got it working pretty decent using smdi to the pimg. Found out the problem was with the serial cable. However, now when we call Unity from a different switch (no caller ID) it rings once and 15 seconds later Unity answers. If Unity knows the number, it answers immediately. Any explanation?

The code I was talking about was the code on the CCO website.

As for the 15 second delay, you may have to talk to the Seattle guys through TAC to get the fix for this. It sounds like the PIMG has a timing issue or parasing issue with the incoming traffic. What if you dialed the PIMG port directly do you get the same response?

You can sometimes watch the telephone log on the PIMG and keep hitting refresh to watch it answer the call and see what happens..

you can also watch the Unity Port Monitor and watch the call come in to "see" what Unity is receiving from the switch. It could something hung up on the Direct Call or Foward Call settings.

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How sure are you that it is 15 seconds and not 20 seconds? From Unity's point of view this SMDI integration looks exactly the same as any other PIMG integration. Unity just sees SIP from the PIMG and doesn't know or care where the call info is coming from. It wouldn't suprise me if CSCsd48815 were at play here also.

I did not use a timer, just did a count, so it is possible it is 20 seconds. However, the bug imply inside calls within the pbx. No problems there, Unity answers as expected. Calls originating outside the pbx(other offices or public network), to Unity for retrieving voice mail suffer the delay.

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By the time the call hits Unity there's nothing really differentiating between internal or external callers. The big difference that matters here is whether or not there is a Calling Number associated with the call. If the call first hits Unity with no calling number then Unity will wait for the PIMG to send an update message before acting on the call. Currently that wait is hardcoded to 20 seconds. That's what CSCsd48815 is all about.

For those struggling with PIMG, this lists the problems I ran into when configuring a PIMG with 8 analog ports connected to an MD110 one side and Unity on the other :

- cabling of the serial port - forcing the control signals and crossing tx and rx was required. Ignore any doc that shows pin 6 as ground, in reality it stays pin 7 on a 25pin and pin 5 on a 9pin subD. Using a break-out box for RS232 is almost mandatory

- port numbers used by the MD110 should be used in the PIMG configuration where the PIMG asks for the "extension" numbers. Nowhere in the PIMG do you need the directory numbers used in the line group on the MD110.

- make traces of "Si" on the PIMG to see the data sent by the MD110 and what the PIMG is sending, grab an ASCII chart and decode, compare with the manual from Ericsson on what the details should be. I found the MD110 was using 5 digits for the Directory Numbers although we'd agreed to use 4 ...

- use the "learn" function to teach the PIMG what dial, busy and reorder tone are, otherwise you'll run into stuck analog ports.

- until you get the parameters right on the serial line, it will indeed take 20 seconds before you reach Unity when dialling or forwarding to the pilot point on the MD110.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: