Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Unity 5.0 back to Unity 4.0

dkirby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Without deleting an recreating the subscribers is there any way we can move subscribers on Unity 5.0 back to Unity 4.0 maintaining greetings, messages etc, its not possible using GSM.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no path for this. Im not even sure you can use Cobras to go backwards for this. You are correct with GSM. You can not go backwards, only same versions or higher. You can not use DIRT because of the mismatched databases.

Is there a reason to rollback to 4.x? You are probably the first person I have heard of trying to rollback?

You could try cobras, but it will probably fail.

COBRAS allows you to move objects from a backup to a verson of Unity that's the same version or later only - no backwards. We tried the backwards capability but QA just beat me into a bloody pulp - there's too many data dependencies that have to be "cauderized" when going backwards and losing data. Going from less complex to more complex is doable (i.e. use the template to fill in what's missing) but going the other way around is brutal.

I don't know too many production applications that will let you move backwards... for instance if you try and open a Word document make in Office 2007 in Office 2000, you'll get errors. A very, very difficult problem to solve.

it is not supported but I have rolled back using GSM.

Delete all the 5.0 subscribers using GSM.

Then use removesubscriberproperties and make the subscriber non-untiy subscibers.

Then on 4.x you can reimport them. They will not have greetings and so forth.

Better than nothing though.

Randy