cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Unity Subscribers from 4.0(5) to 8.0

hmccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer who is upgrading their Unity Unified Messaging software and their hardware from 4.0(5) to 8.0, and am trying to figure out  the best way to get my Subscribers from the old Unity server to the new Unity server.

I've 2 options I am thinking about, and really am leaning towards the first, but would like to hear some pros or cons and pitfalls of doing either.

1.  Run COBRAS on the old 4.0(5) server.  Delete the Subscribers from the 4.0(5) server.  Run the Remove Subscriber Properties utility against the Subscribers on the 4.0(5) server. Import the Subscribers to the new Unity 8.0 server. Restore the COBRAS file to the new 8.0
or
2.  Run COBRAS on the old 4.0(5) server.  Build out the new 8.0 server.  Set up a Dialing Domain between the old and new servers.  Use GMS to move the Subscribers from the 4.0(5) server to the 8.0 server.  Restore the COBRAS files

Has anyone has any experience with either of the above situations, and could give me some advice please?

thanks!

heather

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Heather,

I haven't migrated 4.0(5) to 8.0, but I have migrated 4.0(5) > 5, 5 > 7, and 7 > 8. I would recommend setting up networking between the servers and using GSM and COBRAS to migrate as you described in option 2. This will allow you to have both systems operating simultaneously, test the new server and move subscribers in small groups.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Great! thanks very much for your advice!

heather

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: