Migration to 4.2

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Current setup UM with E2003k off box:

One UM 4.04sr1 on Dell Server

Propose migration

Build 2 new UM on 7825H-2.2 (no failover)and decommission Dell server. One HP handles West Coast and the other handles East coast.

Ques:

1. Can I just run the Schema update once or do I need to do it twice for each respective HP servers?

2. Do I need to run the Permission wizard once or do I need to do it twice for each respective HP servers?

3. What is the best way to migrate users over from Dell box to the respective HP boxes?

4. How do I deal with License from current dell box as I want to transfer license from dell to one of the HP box. We will purchase new license for the 2nd HP. Current license does include lic pooling.

thx

1 Reply 1

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Check the answerers below:

1. Can I just run the Schema update once or do I need to do it twice for each respective HP servers?

Just one, because you are upgrading the schema of the same AD.

2. Do I need to run the Permission wizard once or do I need to do it twice for each respective HP servers?

If you are going to use the same accounts on both servers, you just need to run the PW once.

3. What is the best way to migrate users over from Dell box to the respective HP boxes?

With the Global Subscriber Manager tool, the Bulk Export or with theb DiRT Backup tool.

4. How do I deal with License from current dell box as I want to transfer license from dell to one of the HP box. We will purchase new license for the 2nd HP. Current license does include lic pooling.

You need to contact Entitlements since the license files on the Unity server are tied to the server NIC MAC Address, open up a TAC case specifying that you are migrating the hardware and that you need to generate another license for the new server.

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: