Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Missing Distribution Lists

Unity 4.2.1 with failover. Performed a restore today while secondary server was active. Now getting the following errors. I noticed that the 3 ditribtutionlsits all subscruibers, systemevent messages and unaddressed are not present. Any ideas? Thanks.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_BMsgConnector

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10005

Date: 10/12/2006

Time: 1:20:42 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITYA2

Description:

The CsBMsgConnector service encountered a problem accessing the Broadcast Messaging mailbox for this server. No incoming broadcast messages will be delivered locally until this is corrected. Examine the directory and/or mailstore for this mailbox to ensure it exists and is functioning. [Thread 0x00001800]

2 REPLIES

Re: Missing Distribution Lists

Hi Beth -

I did this once by mistake when restoring a 4.0(5) server. I deleted the wrong set of public distribution lists. This is the link I used back then, it appears current, but I might check with Cisco just in case - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801c0765.shtml. Looks like you'd follow the instructions for Unity 4.0(3) and later. As for the Broadcast Messaging mailbox userid, that's a different matter. We had one domain admin mistakenly delete this on one of our Unity servers - here is the post I submitted and responses, which got the job done - http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd9e601/2#selected_message

Regards, Ginger

P.S. Did you enjoy CIPTUG? I have offered to help Cisco set up a local chapter here in Sacramento California. No update yet :-)

Re: Missing Distribution Lists

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the great info. Looks like I am back in business again and now know about Directory Link Explorer aka CUDLE.

I did enjoy CIPTUG! I reocommend it for all. Good luk with setting up the Sacramento chapter.

Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content