cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Distribution Lists

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1 with failover. Performed a restore today while secondary server was active. Now getting the following errors. I noticed that the 3 ditribtutionlsits all subscruibers, systemevent messages and unaddressed are not present. Any ideas? Thanks.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_BMsgConnector

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10005

Date: 10/12/2006

Time: 1:20:42 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITYA2

Description:

The CsBMsgConnector service encountered a problem accessing the Broadcast Messaging mailbox for this server. No incoming broadcast messages will be delivered locally until this is corrected. Examine the directory and/or mailstore for this mailbox to ensure it exists and is functioning. [Thread 0x00001800]

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Beth -

I did this once by mistake when restoring a 4.0(5) server. I deleted the wrong set of public distribution lists. This is the link I used back then, it appears current, but I might check with Cisco just in case - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801c0765.shtml. Looks like you'd follow the instructions for Unity 4.0(3) and later. As for the Broadcast Messaging mailbox userid, that's a different matter. We had one domain admin mistakenly delete this on one of our Unity servers - here is the post I submitted and responses, which got the job done - http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd9e601/2#selected_message

Regards, Ginger

P.S. Did you enjoy CIPTUG? I have offered to help Cisco set up a local chapter here in Sacramento California. No update yet :-)

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the great info. Looks like I am back in business again and now know about Directory Link Explorer aka CUDLE.

I did enjoy CIPTUG! I reocommend it for all. Good luk with setting up the Sacramento chapter.

Beth