Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect CUCM 6.1.3

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have mobile connect working...I think :-)

Can call the deskphone and cell phone rings. I then pickup the call on cell, disconnect and can reterieve the call from deskphone.

At this point can I now bounce the call between cell and desk phone, is this a feature of Mobile connect. I can transfer the call to cell, but don't see how I can reterieve the trasnfered call on the deskphone.

Another question is that can I be on a conversation on the phone and then send it to the cell phone without using the transfer button. I guess the language "in progress and in coming" calls are confusing. Does in progress mean the call is connected?

Maybe a summary of how mobile connect works will be helpful. I am just trying to make sure that if I have enabled it that I am using it properly. Last thing I want is for some smart end user to read up some docs and go ...hey!!! our phones aren't doing that

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

To transfer call from cell phone to desk phone:

1) You tell the other party that you're going to transfer him.

2) You hang up the cell phone.

3) On your desk phone there will be a call being on hold.

4) You press "resume" button on desk phone.

To transfer the call from desk phone to cell phone, you have to use the "Send to Mobile" button.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The correct way to "transfer" a call to your remote destination is to use the Mobility soft key. This should be added to your soft key template if you haven't already done this. Using this instead of the traditional transfer will keep the call anchored on your DN for retrieval.

Also, in UCM 7 Mobile Connect got two noteable enhancements:

-Time of day based ACLs.

Example: Extend calls to the remote destination only between 8AM and 5PM. In 6.x, this was only possible based on ANI information.

-Enable/Disable through Mobility Soft Key.

Your only option in UCM 6.x from the Mobility soft key was to send an connected call to your remote destination. In 7.x, the user can now turn the feature on/off as desired.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: