cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect for Logged Out Extension Mobility Users

toddcarp123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!  I have a customer interested in using Mobile Connect and Extension Mobility on CUCM 7.1.  I'm concerned that if they enable Mobile Connect, but are not logged in with Extension Mobility, that the call will go directly to their Unity Connection voicemail box instead of allowing the call to go to their cell phones.

Can anyone confirm if this will be the case, and if so, recommend a way around it?  Possibly putting the DN as a shared line on a CTI Route Point???

I want their office DIDs to go to their cell phones, but don't want them to have to use a combination of Mobile Connect and CFA based simply on whether they are logged into EM.

Thanks,

Todd

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Todd,

Based on the Features and Services guide for CUCM, I do not see anything that suggests there are dependancies or interaction restrictions between Extension Mobility and Unified Mobility. Within your use case, the Remote Destination Profile is essentially sharing a line with Extension Mobility. So, as long as you do not have call coverage configured for unregistered device lines, I would expect that the call would still be directed to the Remote Destination(s) as desired.  Maybe call coverage scenarios for unregistered (CFUR) would need to be reviewed closer. It would be relatively easy for you to test this out.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Easy to test if you have a PSTN connection!  :-)

Unfortunately it doesn't work using another IP phone as a desination either, so I had to test it on another system...  But it did work with just an unregistered UDP!

Thanks for your comments!

Todd