Mobile Remote Access delay connecting audio - question
i have a doubt about MRA when two Cisco jabbers initiate a voice call.
i set up a lab environment with Cisco Expressways and jabbers client registering from internet to CallManager. In a jabber2jabber call scenario i noticed a delay establishing the voice call. This is what i observed:
- external jabber registers fine, the voice services are available. The registering process is fast and it's working fine.
- the same jabber dials an extension to reach another jabber registered from internet to same CallManager.
- there are about 10-12 seconds before the called jabber start ringing.
- after call is established i observe one more delay before connecting voice.
i didn't configured TURN server and ICE, and no TURN relay licenses installed on expE.
I had a fast look at sdl CallManager's log and this is what i saw:
- the calling jabber dials the extension and the related SIP INVITE reaches CallManager within 1-2 seconds, so it's OK.
- after CallManager receives the SIP INVITE , it waits for 10-12 seconds before sending SIP INVITE toward the called jabber.
- the is no processing of the sip call within this 10-12 seconds.
I'm going to go in deep with this issue, but if the issue is known i appeciate if someone can share.
Did you figure it out? I'm getting a similar thing ...
Looking at one phone registered on 10.2.8.8 ...
During low activity, calls go to Expressway-C #2 at 10.2.8.8 and calls work fine.
During busier times, call go to Expressway-C #1 at 10.1.8.8 and there is about 8 seconds of silence for both sides after a call is answered. Then the audio connects and the call is fine. Many customers hang up in the 8 seconds.
It may be reversed if I pick a different phone, I don't know.
i didn't go ahead with this behaviour. I didn't try enabling ICE on expC zones and using expE as TURN server, and no turn srv record is published on public DNS. Maybe you can try adding these in your environment. I'm experiencing these issue with jabber for windows only, with jabber for android everything work fine. I don't have physical ip phone in my environment.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...