cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

MobilityManager 1.2.2.0-0

Hi,

I am setting up MobilityManager and have a question. Do I really have to setup a gateway with H.323 for Mobile Voice Access? What the customer wants is the ability to call in and turn on/off mobility. I saw some older postings about it and cannot find anything in the documentation. All of my gateways are MGCP and in production so changing them is not something I want to do.

Thanks,

Keith

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: MobilityManager 1.2.2.0-0

The Mobility Manager is running with MGCP Gateways but with no support for transfering the call from the Deskphone to the Mobile. The other way around hanging up the Mobile and lifting the receiver in 10s on the deskphone to continue the call works.

Regards

Thomas

Community Member

I have more than 10 remote sites and want to clarify the gateway protocol.

MGCP is okay for the 'Mobile connect' function which 'Desk Phone Pickup' and 'Remote Destination Pickup' but cannot use 'Mobile voice access' which only works with h323 to support VXML.

I think 'mobile voice access' is not necessary since it just added IVR feature.

Am I correct and keep the MGCP gateway?

Thanks in advance,

MVA requires H323. If you have a MGCP gateway, still you can hairpin those calls back to the gateway from CCM via H323 gateway configuration and then send the information to MM server. MVA is still possible and the MM server administration/configuration guide does talk about this hairpin configuration.

Community Member

Let me correct the question. I cannot find a benefit the MVA since its just extended of 'mobile connect' which has IVR as additional.

Is there any important feature with MVA cannot achieve in 'mobile connect' except IVR?

Is the MGCP gateway okay if not implement MVA? (means 'mobile connect' function only)

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content