cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying the Directory Handler behavior Unity 4.2.1

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have several Unity 4.05 and 4.21 Unity servers networked together. On all but one of these servers, when a user hits 4 at the Opening greeting, the user spells a callers name and hears "for User1 press 1, for user2 press 2"...and it routes to thier vm. On only one of the Unity servers, when a caller spells a name Unity plays the recorded name only, and then says "to repeat the name press 1, to hear the next name 9, to exit *"...as opposed to "for User1 press 1, for user2 press 2".

How can I get this server to behave the same as the others - need to know which setting has been changed or where to look. I currently have all servers in AST set to Conversation / Directory List Selection style set the same. Thanks very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

On the Directory handler, you may have a combination of the following selected:

- "Play All Names" checked on the Profile page.

- "Extension format" selected on the Match List Options page.

From the online help, "If the Play All Names check box is checked when Extension Format is selected and when Cisco Unity plays all names listed in the directory (rather than the caller searching for a subscriber by spelled name), Cisco Unity announces the names of matching subscribers, but not their extensions. For example, "Pat Amos. To repeat, press 1. To choose the name, press 2. To go to the next name, press #." The keys will vary depending on your selected Conversation type or keymapping, I believe.

Ginger

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

On the Directory handler, you may have a combination of the following selected:

- "Play All Names" checked on the Profile page.

- "Extension format" selected on the Match List Options page.

From the online help, "If the Play All Names check box is checked when Extension Format is selected and when Cisco Unity plays all names listed in the directory (rather than the caller searching for a subscriber by spelled name), Cisco Unity announces the names of matching subscribers, but not their extensions. For example, "Pat Amos. To repeat, press 1. To choose the name, press 2. To go to the next name, press #." The keys will vary depending on your selected Conversation type or keymapping, I believe.

Ginger

I am experiencing this issue again..I have verified that I do not have the above selections configured and have the directory handler configured the same as the other servers. The user spells the last name and Unity states there are 5 matching names, it announces the first name and then says " to repeat the name press 1, hear th enext 9, exit *"....but it doesnt even give the user the option to select the user they want to reach.

The config is as follows:

Play all names - NOT checked

Search Options - dialing domain

Search by - last name, first name

Match - request caller input first

Announce names - menu format

Announce extensions with each name is NOT checked.

AST - Conversation - Subscriber Addressing confirm Match mode - value= 1

Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: