Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Modifying Unity Accounts

Is it possible to change the unity acounts/server from one domain to another after Unity has been installed?

For example if I used an accounts of

domainA\unityInst - Install account

domainA\unitysev - Service account

domainA\unityadmin - Administration Account

to change them to :

domainB\unityInst - Install account

domainB\unitysev - Service account

domainB\unityadmin - Administration Account

Server is straight forward, but conerned I might have to uninstall/reinstall and restore from Dirt Backup to change accounts.

If so what is the procedure to follow or is there a document that shows how to do this you can point me to?

Forgot to say Unity 4.0.5 UM with CCM 4.1.3 and Exchange 5.5

TIA

David

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Modifying Unity Accounts

Is Unity going to stay in Domain A?

Is Exch 5.5 in domain A?

Is Domain A and Domain B in the same forest? Is Domain B in the child domain?

Re: Modifying Unity Accounts

Thanks for the response.

Unity is to move to Domain B. Exchange 5.5 is in Domain A and will stay there. Migration will happen to Exchange 2003 in Domain B in near future. Domain A is an NT4.0 Domain and Domain B is a New AD 2003 Domain. Two way trust between domains

Want to move the unity server to new domain and change the user accounts to be AD accounts and not NT accounts. Will then migrate Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and change unity integration as we migrate. Will use ADC to link Exchange 5.5 to AD, install Exchange 2003 into same organisation then migrate accounts to 2003.

Have found some documents on CCO re the change from 5.5 to 2003 but they all assume that unity is installed with an AD account not NT 4.0. Hence the question which should get me to the position detailed in the migration documents.

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content