Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH issue, still i got no replay

i`m using cisco cucm-BE with mgcp protocol with the gateways,

The Music On Hold is configured and work proparly but  i want it to work while the call is been transfered. When

someone called form the pstn to the cucm and after he hear the autoattendant then he dial the internal extention he heard

a ring tone while he is been transfered or some times he heard for few seconds the MOH then a ring tone??

I want him to directly hear the Music On Hold while he is been transfered to the internal extention.

i did the following:

-am using unicast MOH

- that media resource is enabled. Media Resource->MoH Server and verify that the run flag is set to YES.

- Restart the Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Check if G711,G729 is enabled for MoH in Service Parameters->Call Manager->Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- the IP Phones or Gateways has assigned the MRGL that include the MOH resource.

thanks

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need to configure a supervised transfer in Unity Connection for this to work. Ringback cannot be replaced with MoH. All you can do is prevent the ringing state by doing a warm transfer; Connection calls this a supervised transfer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1314596

thanks a lot Jonathan

i`ll try it today.

regards

I could not understand why do we need to stream MOH while transferring call from auto attendant.

From call manager's perspective, if we try to transfer an external call from an ip phone to another ip phone we should

have MTP checked on the gateway through which the call is coming through.

The MTP (Media Termination Point) acts as a proxy to hold calls while being transferred.

thanks for replay,

MTP is already checked.

I need the MOH to be played while transfer the call when someone from outside call to the cucm and after he heard"wait while i transfer your call"

regards

hi and thanks for your permanent help

the MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an internal extension i hear a ring back tone but when i dial 0 i hear the MOH after "wait while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension?

thanks

Hi again Jonathan,

it still doesn`t work.  what i need is

someone  call from outside(ex. from pstn) ---> autoattendant/open greeting  answer his call-->the caller enter the extension number or press 0  -->the caller hear "wait while i transfer your call"--> finally  the caller hear the MOH while he is been transferred.

when i go to the unity admin-->call  management-->system call handler-->open  greeting-->edit/transfer call-->standard-->under the transfer  action i choose the supervise transfer and checked the box for "wait  while....". when i put the 8888 in the Extension space which is the  autoattendant and do a test call i no more hear the  autoattendant/greetings. what i hear is wait while i transfer your call  and then the MOH.

wht i have to do to hear the autoattendant and make the caller dial an extension and then hear the MOH

regards

You modified the transfer rule in the wrong place. You modified it on the call handler and not the subscriber's mailbox for extension 8888. Transfer rules are performed before greetings are played; you're essentially bouncing the caller out of that call handler.

thanks Mr. Jonathan a lot for your help.

I got your point regarding that the Transfer rules are performed before greetings are played,  but can you tell specifically from where exactly i have to modify the transfer rule as the call handler is the wrong place.

You said from the subscriber's mailbox of 8888.

I mean from where inside the unity connection- User Template tab, or Mailbox  tab ..... i dig a lot inside the connection and can`t find subscriber mailbox (transfer rule)..

thanks a lot for your cooperation, it is urgent.

hi and thanks for your permanent help

the  MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an  internal extension i hear a ring back tone but when i dial 0 i hear the  MOH after "wait while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension?

thanks

hi again

the   MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an   internal extension i hear a ring back tone and sometimes i hear the MOH for one second but when i dial 0 i hear the   MOH after "wait while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension normally?

thanks