cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Translator.

jordan.frank
Level 1
Level 1

Why is it that the Cisco MoH Audio Translator converts a .wav file all the way down to 8 bits and 8 khz. This is poor quality and we have a voice recorded message and every s comes out with static. Is there anyway to up the quality on the translator or keep the .wav in better format? The original version is completely clear and when it is translated the .ulaw .alaw and I am not able to play the .g279 file because I do not have the Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.G.729 (133)codec downloaded. Help Please

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

under the MOH audio translator service parameters you get to choose the codecs and the quality, that's as much as you can modify for the quality.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

How would I get to those service parameters?

service -> service parameters

it really, depends on the version, look for service parameters in your CUCM and then look for MOH translator

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

steve.hockaday
Level 1
Level 1

We had extensive MoH issues and here are a couple of points to check. Make sure MoH is on a server NOT handling call processing. Also check the to make sure you have codec matches across the network. The majority of issues we experienced were from the server being too busy, lower quality codec and poor source files. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: