cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving subscriber to different Unity box

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have untiy 4.1 and have recently installed another Unity 4.1 box. I'am wanting to move subscriber between these two boxes.

I have tried to use GSM to do this when I run through the wizard and get to the point where you are suppose to choose the destination server there is nothing to choose.

I do not have thes boxes digitally networked. Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jason -

To use GSM and move subscribers between Unity servers, they must be digitally networked (same AD forest, directory, phone integrations etc.) The GSM shows your entire Cisco Unity network broken down by dialing domains and servers. From Cisco's networking guide, "The GSM allows you to quickly locate individual subscribers and launch the Cisco Unity Administrator for the subscribers regardless of which server they are homed on. You can select any scope you want and see all of the subscribers at that level. Searching can be done by dialing domain, by server, or globally across the entire Cisco Unity network." And as already mentioned, the Streams file directory must be shared on both servers. Something else to consider is the complexity of your AD infrastructure. For example, we have multiple domains and multiple Exchange administrative groups, and our Unity servers are installed in different domains. They are digitally networked. However, due to the complexity of our environment; permissions required; and different account requirements for domains, we do not use GSM to move subscribers. We delete from one Unity server and import into another Unity once the user's new account and mailbox are moved to the new domain.

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure that you have the Commserver\Stream Files directory shared as Stream Files on both servers. Also, take a look at the other requirements here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/GSM/index.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Yes on both servers the stream files are shared. I have gone through the doc and tried it all still no luck. Any other suggestions welcom. Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason -

To use GSM and move subscribers between Unity servers, they must be digitally networked (same AD forest, directory, phone integrations etc.) The GSM shows your entire Cisco Unity network broken down by dialing domains and servers. From Cisco's networking guide, "The GSM allows you to quickly locate individual subscribers and launch the Cisco Unity Administrator for the subscribers regardless of which server they are homed on. You can select any scope you want and see all of the subscribers at that level. Searching can be done by dialing domain, by server, or globally across the entire Cisco Unity network." And as already mentioned, the Streams file directory must be shared on both servers. Something else to consider is the complexity of your AD infrastructure. For example, we have multiple domains and multiple Exchange administrative groups, and our Unity servers are installed in different domains. They are digitally networked. However, due to the complexity of our environment; permissions required; and different account requirements for domains, we do not use GSM to move subscribers. We delete from one Unity server and import into another Unity once the user's new account and mailbox are moved to the new domain.

Regards, Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: