cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

moving Telepresence licensing from one instance CUCM (8.5.1) to another CUCM (9.1.2)

eersten keer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to move licensing from one CUCM deployment to another and if there is anything special about the export and import process.

We are essentially moving a couple of Telepresence units from our company's CUCM deployment to the parent company's CUCM deployment.

Our company's CUCM is on 8.5.1.12900-7 and the other company's CUCM is on 9.1.2.10000-28.

I am assuming moving the license would require for me to copy the license files (there are several) from CUCM 8.5.1 save them, then import files via Enterprise License Manager into CUCM 9.1.2.

I apologize if am being too naive, I could involve Cisco Licensing Support if you think that is required.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Licenses from 8 will not work on 9 and viceversa, yes, Licensing must be involved.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Keer,

[+5] to Jaime.

CUCM 9 is all ELM based.You cannot transfer the license files from one CUCM cluster to another.

What you can do is register TP units on CUCM 9  which would work for grace period of 60 days ?

In the meantime, you can involve licensing team or purchase fresh licenses /upload them on CUCM 9.

regds,

aman