Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

MPE migrate to MP8.5 "migrate_tool" problem

Hi All UC Experts,

I am doing the MeetingPlace migration from MP Express 2.1.1.2 to MP 8.5.2.9

According to the Cisco migration gudie, I used the "migrate_tool" to export the MPE database as the .tar.gz and import to the MP8.5. Finally I got the below error:

MP_Migrate_Tool.png

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/taxifai/MP_Migrate_Tool_zpsdd964db4.png[/IMG]

Step 1 Sign in to the CLI of the Application Server of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system as the user called mpxadmin.

Step 2 Enter cd /tmp to go to the tmp directory.

Step 3 Put the migrate_tool file there.

Step 4 Enter su - to sign in as the root user.

Step 5 Enter chmod +x /tmp/migrate_tool to make the file executable.

Step 6 Enter ./migrate_tool /tmp or /tmp/migrate_tool /tmp to run the utility.

The system copies all the database files from the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system. When finished, it creates a file called migration_data_<hostname_date_and_time>.tar.gz.

Step 7 Transfer the generated file and the migrate_tool file to the /tmp directory on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 8.5 Application Server.

Step 8 On the Release 8.5 Application Server, sign in as the root user and enter the following:

./migrate_tool /tmp /tmp/migration_data_<hostname_date_and_time>.tar.gz.

The system migrates the data from the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system and puts it on to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 8.5 system.

Step 9 Enter mpx_sys restart and restart the Release 8.5 Application Server.

Can you tell me the reasons why and solutions? Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content