Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MPX Hostname Change

When I initially built the server, it was configured with a hostname of "mpx" and a domain name of "company.corp"

When I mapped an external IP to the server and pointed to it from an external host, the web browser is redirected to "mpx.company.corp" and that returns an error because an external host can not resolve that address.

So created a DNS record, and pointed meetings.company.com to the external IP Address of the server. Also, internally, I changed the DNS record meetings.company.com to the internal IP Address of the MPX server.

So the next step was to change the domain and the hostname of the server, so I used the "net" configurator to make such changes. I saved the configuration and rebooted the server. Ever since then the server has not been accesible via HTTP. I can access it via SSH with no issues, and since I built it, I have access to root if needed.

I think HTTP is broken because something in Tomcat needs to be reconfigured to reflect the changes.

Any one run into this before?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content