Helpful
Replies

MRA/Expressway Split Domains

sean Riley
Level 4
Level 4

CUCM – 9.1(2) su1

IM&P – 9.1.1 su2

I am looking for some guidance on implementing MRA/Expressway in our environment.  We currently have Jabber deployed to only 12 users in our IT department.  Once we get MRA implemented and tested we plan to roll out to all users.

We have a split domain environment with company.local (inside) and company.com (outside).  We do have a company.com forward lookup zone in our internal MS DNS.  Our current IM&P server is imp.company.local and everything is currently set to imp.company.local in the cluster topology and service profiles in CUCM. 

I have read some posts that we can work around this by using the voiceservicedomain configuration in the jabber.xml, but I feel that is not ideal.  I would prefer when we roll this out that users can enter username@company.com to connect to the IM&P servers inside or outside the network.  Currently we have to use username@company.local.

Should I rebuild the IM&P cluster with imp.company.com or can I keep the hostname of the server as it is?  I have read that changing the xmpp domain to company.com and updating the settings in the cluster topology to imp.company.com is enough to make this change.  I have read many posts surrounding this scenario, but would like to put this out there to see if rebuilding my cluster is my only option.

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is an excellent document on this here..

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

Here is another good blog on this

http://ciscocollab.wordpress.com/2014/07/23/collaboration-edge-mra-with-split-dns-domains/

You will need to use the voice services admin in jabber config file. Which means jabber must first login internally..

Please rate all useful posts

So you are saying that is my only option in our environment?  Thanks.

Yes that is pretty much it.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: