Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

tom

MSM Permissions to Message Store

CUCM 6.1.4

Unity version = 5.0(1.0)

Cisco Message Store Manager=1.4.0.38

Gentlemen:

On both of my Unity Servers, I am running Unity Tools MSM to flush deleted messages more than 30 days old.

The MSM operating successfully a month ago on both Servers, but now it is not able to run for some reason one of the Servers. The one Server will not flush.

The error logs seem to indicate a permissions issue.

I have tried running MSM under all my Unity accounts with no success.

UnityAdmin

UnityInstall

UnityMsgStoreSvs

I thought the UnityMsgStoreSvs would work but it does not.

Again, my other Server works fine..I use UnityAdmin to run MSM on that one.

Maybe I just hosed my MSM app.

Can I solicit a few tips from the experts?

Thanks, Tom

• Unified Communications Applications
12 REPLIES

Re: MSM Permissions to Message Store

Tom,

First question and I apologize if it's too obvious, is this a Unity failover pair or two disparate Unity systems?  Also, can you send the error you are receiving on the server that MSM doesn't work on?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

tom

David..It is not fail over. I guess it is just a group. They are independent Servers. pleae see the enclosed PIC.

Can I send a few logs to a private email address??

Thanks, Tom

Yeah. I'm on the road today so give me a bit and I'll PM you.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2010, at 9:33 AM, "tom@fcso.us"

tom

David...sure that is fine. I am see you are an iPhone user. I ready to make the switch to an iPhone. I have used BB's and even used the Droid. It is hard to beat the functionality and ease of use of an iPhone.

G3s for me.  Tom

tom

Guys: I am still trying to fix my MSM. Do these errors look familar to anyone?

I'll take a look when I get back to the office. Did you get my PM

with my contact info a few days ago?

Hailey

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:14 PM, "tom@fcso.us"

tom

yes I got you PM....I thought you might be back...No problem

If you sent these to me they may have gotten flagged in my spam and I

missed it. I'll see if I can be of assistance in a couple hours here.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:33 PM, "tom@fcso.us"

tom

here is a preview ...I can send the file again if needed..BTW i am EST I am leaving in few minutes..

Cisco Unity Message Store Manager Version 1.4.0.38

CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CTaskView::DisplayTasks(). [TaskView.cpp::216]
ITask::Activate() failed - Code: 0x80070002. Method: CTaskHelper::OpenTask(). [TaskHelper.cpp::130]
CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CTaskView::DisplayTasks(). [TaskView.cpp::216]

ITask::Activate() failed - Code: 0x80070002. Method: CTaskHelper::OpenTask(). [TaskHelper.cpp::130]
CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CAgentView::DeleteAgentTasks(). [AgentView.cpp::431]
CMsmDataHelper::GetAttribute(_AVSTR_TASKNAME) failed - Code: 0x80004005. Method: CAgentView::DeleteAgentTasks(). [AgentView.cpp::431]

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.