cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Alternate Greetings

scotteturner
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have multiple Alternate Greetings on a Call Handler? For example, let say you want to recrod 2 greetings, one for the office closed for a holiday and another one for the office being closed because of bad weather, can you do this? If so, how? We want to record them and just switch between the 2. I know I can paste it to a file and copy it back in, but what if I don't have this file, what other options do I have?

Hope this makes sense what I am trying to do.

Thanks!

Scott

1 Reply 1

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

Here is how you can setup holiday greeting.

1. Create a schedule named "Work hours" that includes Weekdays 8am-5pm Open and the remaining closed.

2. Create a schedule named "After hours" with the opposite setting of "Work hours"

3. Create a Callhandle named "Closed and Holiday CallHandler"

a. Schedule: Afterhours

b. Greetings: Standard - Record the greeting for closed hours

c. Greetings: Closed - Record the greeting for holidays

4. Create a Callhandler named "Opening CallHandler" with the following settings:

a. Schedule: Workhours

b. Greetings: Standard - record the greeting for regular office hours

c. Greetings: Closed - Use Blank greeting. After Greeting, send to greeting of CallHandler named "Closed and Holiday CallHandler"

For bad weather conditions, use the Alternate Greeting of Opening Call Handler. Make yourself as the owner of the Opening CallHandler. During bad weather conditions, you can call in to enable the Alternate greeting over the phone and later call back to disable it.

You can either record the alternate greeting upfront, or you can change the recordings as and when needed. To change it on the fly, you need to setup a Call Routing rule to send the call to the Greetings Administrator. Then you can call in that number and change the greeting.

Regards,

Anup

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: