Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple MWI notifications to same extension

kseraphine
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Can someone confirm the expected behavior for the following senario.

I have users who are members of a hunt group. They have a single extension on their phones. this extension is associated with their personal voicemail account and configured as additional MWI targets under the hunt group voicemail.

If a use has a message in their personal mailbox, their MWI lights as expected. If a message is left for the group mailbox and then deleted, the MWI for the phone goes off, even though there is still a message in the personal mailbox.

Is this the expected behavior? It seems like it probably is but part of me thinks that I've done this before and it worked like I wanted to.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity cannot manage the MWI state of a single extension from mutliple mailboxes - as such the light will go off in this scenario when they've heard the last message in either mailbox even if there are new messages in the other. If an MWI resync is done it'll depend on which mailbox is checked first as to if the light is left on or not.

A different approach is to use a distribution list for the messages instead of a seperate mailbox - messages leve for the group are then left for everyone such that they have a single mailbox for manging notification and MWI triggers.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I believe this is expected behavior. I'm not aware of CallManager supporting multiple lamp codes. The Unity notifier is sending the Set Lamp off command to the alternate MWI extensions for the hunt group voicemail account. Would you consider adding the group voicemail extension to your users' phones as a second line and update the Message waiting lamp policy to light the light for this second line?

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: