cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Unity's in AD

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

I installed another unity in the same AD of another previously installed unity. I know the Unity's will find each other in the AD, and I will be implementing digital networking.

I happened to notice that in the unity admin of the new Unity server, I could see the distribution lists from the other server. I guess this is normal - but I ran the dbwalker utility on the server to see what is would report, and got this error for every list on the other server:

Alias=All EH Network Sales

Display name=TCI EH Network Sales

Extension= 19023

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #19023:

Distribution List with a display name=TCI EH Network Sales

Distribution List with a display name=TCI EH Network Sales

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Public distribution lists in Unity are considered global events - so if you've assigned extensions to them (optional) those extensions should be globally unique for addressing purposes. In this case if users on either Unity server address a message by extension number to 19023 it wont know which DL you mean.

Either don't assign extension numbers to PDLs or use a numbering scheme to keep them seperate in the directory.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Are you using the same extensions on both Unity servers?

No - actually the new unity doen't have anything on it.

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

Thats the strange thing about it. I didn't create anything on the new Unity server at all. [no PDL / CH / SUB]I just ran that dbwalker after I installed it to see what Unity thought of the PDL it seen. It almost seems like it thinks there are 2 of them, when there is only 1 on the existing server. Thats what is puzzling me. Thanks..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: