cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple Unity servers - same domain

ROB THORNTON
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client w/ a single domain and multiple Exchange servers (I believe in seperate routing groups...I'll verify). I was trying to figure out how I was going to use the IVC between offices and then realized I shouldn't need it since both Unity and Exchange servers will be in the same AD domain. Is that correct? Voicemails should be preserved through normal Exchange (inter-domain) routing?

Thanks,

Rob

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You are correct. There is no need to install the IVC in this situation.

Thanks,

Keith

Unity 3.1.5...so there is no issue having multiple Unity Servers in the same domain talking to the same Exchange server? I am building a new 3.1.5 server and I would like to bring up the new server while the old server is up. I would obviously not import the Dirt info until I took the other Unity server offline, but I should be able to bring the new one up, test CM integration and add some test users. Correct?

Yep, nothing wrong with that.

Thanks,

Keith

I can use the same OU for both Unity Servers to store Users/Distribution Lists/Contacts, etc?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: