Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Unity servers/versions sharing one DC/Exchange server?

I'm creating a test environment and need to limit my machine usage. Should I be able to create multiple Unity servers (v. 4.0,4.1,4.2) all using the same domain controller (win2K) and exchange server (v.2003)? The DC/exchange server are one box.

I've run into an issue where MSMQ is complaining that a configuation object already exists in the domain, but I'm not sure if that is because I already have a Unity server in the domain or because I had to reinstall the second server after it had once existed in the domain.

Any help/advice you can provide is appreciated!

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Multiple Unity servers/versions sharing one DC/Exchange serv

You can add different versions of Unity to the same dc and exchange. When you install a new unity server, it cannot be the same name as one that you had installed UNLESS you had used the Unity Uninstall Utility.

Ok, thank you. I was also concerned that the AD schema updates between versions through ADSchemaSetup.exe might cause problems.

Cisco Employee

AdSchema updates are backwards compatible.

Views
Helpful
Replies