Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI doesn't work (on or off)

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Unity connection 7 and when i leave message, the MWI on and off does not work.

How can i reolve this issue ?

Regards

thanks

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

start by checking the VM ports can reach MWIs, MWIs can reach DNs.

check the messages are really getting to the mailbox.

check which ports you're using for MWI, make sure you have 25% for that

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

hello,

thanks for reply,

How can i check that VM ports can reach MWI ? a part from that, when i dial the MWI numbers, i see the reactivity of both states.Also, the voicemail is heared from ip phone.

All ports has Dialout Capability, else in the Call Manager i isolated these MWI numbers from the Line Group of answering ports.

the same as you would do with anything else in CUCM: CSS and partitions

make sure MWIs are unique DNs

HTH

java

HTH

java

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nobody has mentioned this so I thought I would. To totally rule out that CUC is the problem, download and isntall this port status monitor tool from this site.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PSM_LL.htm

Install it on a machine on the same network that has access to the CUC server. Make sure to view the help file as there may be a setting you need to add to the CUC server for this tool to work with it. Once you get that working, find a user with an empty mailbox, start the port status monitor and leave a new message for that user. See if the MWI ports on the port status monitor actually dial an MWI ON for that user's extension. If so, CUC is NOT the problem. The MWI is getting lost after leaving the CUC server and it's a partition/css problem with CUCM.

Tray

Thanks.

I will check and i will update you ASAP.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: