Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI doesn't work on SIP Cisco phones

jardalic1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 520 series router with CME and CUE built in it and configured one SCCP phone (CP7945) and two SIP phones (Linksys SPA 922 and CP7975).

Phones registered and are working fine. Voicemail is also configured on all of them and you can leave and listen the messages on all of them.

They all have MWI configured but on CP7975 (Cisco SIP phone, firmware SIP75.8-4-1SR1S) MWI is not working, it doesn't indicate that you have new message. When you call pilot number you can listen to the message.

Both SIP phones are configured the same way.

I also tried with the CP7911 and with firmwares SIP11.8-4-1SR1S, SIP11.8-2-1S and SIP11.8-3-1S and every time result is the same - it doesn't work.

Do u have any idea what could be the problem?

Pls help,

BR,

Jelena

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

To verify MWI settings, perform the following command

show sip-ua mwi

Use this command to display SIP MWI settings from the voice-mail server. The command displays endpoint status as OFF if a message is deleted or if no message is waiting. The endpoint status changes to ON when a message is waiting.

For the configuration for the SIP MWI features following guide may help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/sip/configuration/guide/chaptr11.html#wp1015823

The status of endpoint is OFF due to the fact that message is actually waiting.

I was configuring the SIP MWI features according to that guide.

Do you have any other idea what could be the problem?

thx,

Jelena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: