cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI indicator doesn't light up

bluejays
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CCM3.3(5) with Unity 4.0(5) MS Exchange.

I had Unity failover setup and worked fine. but I can't get the MWI on/off work. The phone is able to dial the MWI extension, I opened the port statu monitor and refresh the MWI status, I can see the port is "dialing the MWI", but the light doesn't turn on.

I followed the MWI troubleshooting guide, and the Notifier showed the "12" code and the task is completed. But in the Miu logs, I can't find the SetMWI command. I changed the message to be always urgent in Subscriber>Message, the light still didn't turn on.

Any thought?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

when you manually dial MWI on or off number from the phone, does it turn the light on (or off)? You said it does not give you fast busy..

Now, in the traces, look for dd="1234" where 1234 is your MWI on or off number..

That is where you should begin. It will tell you what partitions it is searching in, the digit analysis etc.. Hopefully it will tell what is going on. Fell free to post the traces here.

From the info you have given us, it looks like a CCM issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would first look at partitions and CSS. Then, look at detailed CCM traces.. Unity should make a call, but should do it on behalf of the phone. This means that the calling number should be that of the phone line and the called number should be the MWI on or off number (depending)...Then check if the call fails or succeeds from teh CCM perspective.

Thanks!

I just enabled the detailed trace. But I don't konw what keyword I should look for. The log file in c:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\CCM\ just have alot of keepalive message, the log file in C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\SDL\CCM had the call recorded,but did say failure or anything. Please give some details. I am new bird.

BTW, when I manually dial the MWI on/off, I didn't get busytone so I assume the CSS/PT is alright, otherwise, I won't be able to dial these number. Also, if I delete all the message and do a refresh on Subscriber>Message>refresh MWI, the indicator in Unity will say "off". And then I dial the MWI on DN, the Unity didn't say it is "ON".

Thanks a lot

when you manually dial MWI on or off number from the phone, does it turn the light on (or off)? You said it does not give you fast busy..

Now, in the traces, look for dd="1234" where 1234 is your MWI on or off number..

That is where you should begin. It will tell you what partitions it is searching in, the digit analysis etc.. Hopefully it will tell what is going on. Fell free to post the traces here.

From the info you have given us, it looks like a CCM issue.

I fixed it. It was because the CSS for the MWI doesn't include the Partition for the Phone. However, I don't quite understand this logic. Originally I have PT_VMRestricted for all the VM ports and PT_PilotNumber for the pilot number and MWI. I also have CSS_VMRestricted which contains phone partition and PT_VMRestricted. I have a CSS_VMPilotNumber which contains PT_VMPilotNumber ONLY. The CSS for the VM ports contains PT_VMPilotNumber and PT_VMRestricted.

My understand is, the VM port dial the MWI DN to set the light, so as long as the CSS for the VM ports has the MWI partition, the light should come up. But it looks like, the VM port dials the MWI DN, but the MWI needs to dial BACK to the phone to set the light on. So even a user manually dials the MWI, the MWI can't dial back to the phone.

Does the MWI work like that way?

Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciated.

Right now, I have another issue which is, when I left a message, the MWI didn't turn on, I need to manually re-syn it. Any input will be appreciated.

Hi there! From the perspective of the CCM, the phone makes a call to the MWI number.. Althought it is the vmail port that is making hte actual call, it does it on behalf of the phone, which means, in the ccm traces, you will see the phone as the originating number.. Hope that helps.. Also, MWI does not dial the phone..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: