Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI issue with Cisco Unity with Call Manager and a PBX

deepak.dalal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Unity 4.0(4) is acting as the message store (Exchange 2000 off box, of xourse) for Call Manager 4.1(3) as well as Siemens HiPath 4000v2.

Phones connected to CCM are working fine, including MWI...no problem there.

Phones connected to the Siemens PBX are working, VM deposit and retrieval are ok. HOWEVER, MWIs are not functioning at all.

Connection from PBX to CCM/Unity is T1 running qsig protocol. There was mention of call back number not being transmitted over the D channel.

Thanks very much.

DD

1 Reply 1

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Deepak,

If the CM and the Siemens are both connected to Unity, i.e. Unity has two configured integrations and can access the Siemens phones directly without having to first go through the CM, then take a quick look at this for your first step: http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801d6d03.html#1041878. Confirm that there are ports on the Siemens integration configured for MWI dial out and that when the Siemens phones dial the MWI code that the MWI lights or goes out as exepected based on what you dialed. Confirm that the Siemens integration config in UTIM has the correct MWI on/off codes as recognized by the Siemens PBX. Also, each of the Unity subscribers associated with the Siemens integration must be configured as being associated with this integration in UTIM.

If there is only one phone system integration into Unity, i.e. Unity has to go through the CM to get to the Siemens phones, then start troubleshooting from the Unity to CM then to Siemens and confirm where the MWI on/off message is failing to be transmitted/received. If Unity is sending MWI and CM is handing off the MWI on/off request to the Siemens interface, then you would need to troubleshoot the Siemens side.

I hope this helps.