cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Issue

gsmarada73
Level 1
Level 1

I have an MWI issue that I have not seen in any of the documentation or troubleshooting steps for MWI.

Basically, MWI works when Unity 4.0(5) sync's the mailboxes with the offbox Exchange Server (Exch 2003 SP1). However, it does not work when a user reads a message or is left a message.

I can manually turn MWI on/off - CSS/Partitions are ok.

I have 4 dedicated ports for message notification/MWI, that when using Port Status monitor, only get used when doing a manual sync. No activity when I leave a VM.

I assume there is an issue somewhere within the avMsgStoreMonitor, and either Exchange is not giving a notification that a new message has been delivered or the avMsgStoreMonitor is not properly relaying the message back into Unity.

When monitoring the AvMsgStoreMonitor, I only see a "TABLE_ROW_ADDED" when I do a re-sync from a user or a complete re-sync from UTIM. Never when a message is left, or read.

Why wouldn't the avMsgStoreMonitor see the row added at any other time? Could this be an Exchange issue?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great troubleshooting with the TABLE_ROW_ADDED. AvMsgStoreMonitor is getting the message from Exchange during normal operations. When you do a resync, Unity is actively querying the mailbox so that is why you see TABLE_ROW_ADDED.

If everyone is having a problem, then suspect the Exchange server. Check both the app and system logs on exch to see if there are any issues. If not, try rebooting exchange, and after it has come online, reboot the unity server.

How is the memory and cpu usage on both the exchange and unity servers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: