cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI lights on phones

keakex1010
Level 1
Level 1

a few phonse are showing mwi lights but after clearing messages the light will remain on. How do I clear the lights? Thanks

(Unity 3.1)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kelley,

Ginger has given you some great info here,as always, (5 points for this detailed answer Ginger :)

The Message Lamp on the phone is usually associated with the main line (Line button 1) on the Telephone, so if you Press line button 1 and dial the MWI OFF number (like 2600 in my first example) the Red lamp will extinguish.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kelley,

In CCM look up the MW-Off number (Feature>Voicemail>Message Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator Off )

This will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon will turn off.

Hope this helps!

Rob

There are two Directory Numbers one is ON and one is OFF... should both be on?

Hi -

In addition to what Rob mentioned, you can also look up the MWI on and off extensions in Unity. On your Unity server, go to Start - Programs - Unity - Manage Integrations. Select your CCM integration by clicking on the name (below Properties)and go to MWI tab. If the phone light is ON, you can dial the MWI off extension to turn the light off. If the phone light is OFF, you can dial the MWI on extension to turn the light ON (most users complain when the light doesn't turn off however). To resolve some of these problems, you can resynch MWI from the Unity server nightly and schedule this to occur sometime during the evening, when no users are using the system. Click on the Properties of the integration and you'll see the MWI Synchronization for this integration check box. The AvNotifier service resynchs the MWI and sets the appropriate lamp instruction to the phones according to unread voice messages in the users' inboxes.

Ginger

Hi Kelley,

Ginger has given you some great info here,as always, (5 points for this detailed answer Ginger :)

The Message Lamp on the phone is usually associated with the main line (Line button 1) on the Telephone, so if you Press line button 1 and dial the MWI OFF number (like 2600 in my first example) the Red lamp will extinguish.

Hope this helps!

Rob

it worked....had all the phones dial in to set to off. thanks!

Ginger - I don't have MManage integrations under Start - Programs - Unity - only intgeration monitor.

Hi -

Glad to hear you got this working! Saw you are running 3.1 - The Manage Integration may be specific to 4.X ... I forget. However, check in Unity Tools Depot on your server's desktop. Click this and drill down to Switch Integration Tools. You should see Telephone Integration Manager. This is the same thing. You can double-click this and it opens the CallManager integration windows.

Ginger

Ginger - thx for response....I am under Tools Depot\Switch Integration Tools and only thing is Port status Monitor..missing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: