I setup MWI on and off in Call manager 4.1 and Unity 4.2(1)- and I have tested it on the sets by dialing both numbers - the lights go on and off as they are supposed to. However, when I leave a message on a subscribers phone - the MWI light does not come on. Am I missing something very minor?
You need to check that Unity is connected to Exchange correctly. What happens during MWIs is that after a message is delivered to Exchange, Unity will see a new message in the inbox of that subscriber and trigger a MWI dial out to CCM. This will then "flip" the MWI on. After the message is read or listened to, the exact same process is repeated.
Check your Unity server services that all are running and configured. Also check something basic... even though the light did not turn, can you:
- dial unity, listen the message you just left?
- any errors when you do dial unity, login "message store unavialble, etc"?
- Was the VM you left too short? If you are running tests, and leave a 3 second VM, most likely, it got deleted because of thresholds in Unity you can set for "hangups".
- Check Unity Ports that Unity *is* in fact dialing CCM. Maybe it's not even dialing.
- Chec your TSP version. Lots of older TSP softwares on Unity have issues with MWI. Restart the server and check MWI. This will reset the TSP ports.
- CCM could have some odd VM translation coming from Unity and the MWIs extensions are changing from xxxx to xxxxxx.
So many things, check basic items in this list first.
You have reached the Cisco Logistics Support Center.. To Check Status of
your RMA, visit Product Returns & Replacements (RMA). Need help? Contact
us by Phone or Email. North Americas Phone: 1800 553 2447 Option 4
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Europe Phone: +3...
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...