cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working when any one CUC down in High availability

Nishad Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

We having SIP intregration CUCM and CUC ,We have two CUC server in HA mode(active/Active).

When the two servers is  UP then MWI will working  properly ,When any one of CUC is down MWI is not working

10 Replies 10

Hi Nishad

Which version of CUC are you running

Please let me kno

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Current Version 9.1.2-10000-28

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Nishad,

1.Do you see the dialout being attempted in the Port Status Monitor ?

2.Have you checked the Conversation Manager and the Notifier traces ?

3. For the tested use do you see the status as on in User>Edit>Message Waiting Indicator even though the light does not come up on the phone?

4.Do you have SIB (Unified Messaging)?

5.If you change manually the Primary role on the nodes can the issue be reproduced?

-Regards

D%R%P

Thanks david for your reply..

We didnt get the chance to collect the Trace and Port Status monitor

When we were checking the User>Edit>MWI ---it was showing Off only even the user had a new Message

We are not using SIB , We are getting the issue only when any one of the server is down

Nishad,

Enable the following Traces. Go to Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability> Trace> Macro Traces:

-Call Flow Diagnostics (All)

-Call Control Miu Traces (All)

-Conversation Traces (All)

Now go to Trace>Micro Traces

-Notifier (All except Level 00 and 01)

Reproduce the issue, gather traces and post time stamp, extension and alias of the test user, to check on the CUC perspective.

-Regards

D%R%P

Hi David,

I have reproduced the issue ,Attached the Trace in the main post and details of the trace

Regards,

Nishad KI

Hi,

Please check that you have some ports on the sub server available for "send MWI requests". One of the lines in the "diag_CuNotifier-00000002.uc jumped out to me:

Error=No MWI ports on switchrecv=1389188137

If that's not it, please verify that the phones can actually call the MWI on/off number assigned to the sub.

Just a couple of thoughts that might help (or not!)

Gareth

Hello NIshad K I,

From the CUC traces here is a snippet:

19:05:37.954 |23517,,,Notifier,12,test user2: MWI  (ON) failed. Details=Failed MWI [user='test user2' extension='8289' type=MWI_ON mwiType=0=Port phoneSystem=SIP2 (fb470cb1-de09-42b5-aacb-7967e37f6526)] Error=No MWI ports on switch

Three things to check:

1- Make sure your user is assigned with the correct phone system:

2-Make sure that you have ports with the "Send MWI Requests" enabled:

3-Last but not least make sure that the CUCM server order in the CUC port group matches the CM group of the device pool that the Trunk is using.

Regards,

D%R%P

David ..Thanks for your mail...

Really appriciate your response ....

What is the point of the same order of CUCM group in the CUC and CUCM group in the Device pool ?

We can add more servers in the CUC port group ,But in the CUCM group only three servers only possible ..

So how it will work ?

Hi DRP,

• Port monitoring shows dailout
  • I have attached the notifier traces
  • User>Edit>Message Waiting Indicator shows OFF ..Even if i send voice mail
  • No unified messaging
  • issue reproduced and attached the logs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: