Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MWI off Line Group

An user with only one line and belong to a Line Group. When the user had a message and the Line Group too, as soon as the user open his own message (not Line group message), the mwi goes off. (CCM 4.1.3sr2)

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MWI off Line Group

So what is the question?

For the LG vmbox, do you have Messages set to light multiple lines?

hi,

Yes,

I have only one line on my phone, my line is belong to a LG. I have two messages: LG and my line.

After listening the message LG the mwi goes off, however when I look at my profile (unity) on message, the mwi is ON but I have no led on my phone. I must do refresh to get the led on.

Cisco Employee

Unity was informed to shut off the light to your phone when you check LG's voicemail - it is working as designed. When you click on refresh, unity goes into your exchange mailbox to see if there are any unread message, thus your light is turned on again. Your profile is also correct to show that your light is on because that is the status of the vm message in exchange - it is UNREAD.

What model phone do you have? You could maybe add another DN on your phone to light for MWI when the line group vm box gets a message. This way another DN gets MWI besides your line for that VMBox. You would then set the line group vmbox messages MWI to go that DN.

Is it unified or VM Only? Maybe if unified you can check the line group mailbox in your email client and disable MWI perhaps on that VM box and handle those via email.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content