cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI problem

hantonov42
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.0.5 (running on windows 2003 SP1) working with exchange 2003 SP2. I have no problems with the voice mails, but the MWI is not working. In the eventlog of the Unity server I can see the following message "An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvNotifierMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.. "

I run the permission wizard again and still have the same problem. Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you attach a event viewer log (app log evt)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

hantonov42
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problems with the service permissions. It looks like the permission wizard didn't do the job. After changing it manually MWI started to work.

diarmuidhaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Do you remember what permissions you had to set manually. I am having the same issue. Only AvNotifierMgr service won't start so MWI is not working. I get the same error:

"An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvNotifierMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.. "

I ran the permissions wizard but it didn't work. I am running Unity on 2003 SP1 abd Exchange on 2003 SP1.

I will run the permissions wizard again.