cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI problem

hantonov42
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.0.5 (running on windows 2003 SP1) working with exchange 2003 SP2. I have no problems with the voice mails, but the MWI is not working. In the eventlog of the Unity server I can see the following message "An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvNotifierMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.. "

I run the permission wizard again and still have the same problem. Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you attach a event viewer log (app log evt)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

hantonov42
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problems with the service permissions. It looks like the permission wizard didn't do the job. After changing it manually MWI started to work.

diarmuidhaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Do you remember what permissions you had to set manually. I am having the same issue. Only AvNotifierMgr service won't start so MWI is not working. I get the same error:

"An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvNotifierMgr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.. "

I ran the permissions wizard but it didn't work. I am running Unity on 2003 SP1 abd Exchange on 2003 SP1.

I will run the permissions wizard again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: