Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Question On Second line - shared - Unity 5.0.1

Hi there,

I have cisco Unity 5.0.1, I have 3 user that each have a personnal DN and they all need a shared lines ex:

USER 1

Line 1 : 1212

Line 2 : 5000

USER 2

Line 1 : 1213

USER 3

Line 1 : 1214

basicly each user have a personal DN / personal Voice mail but all of these shared the line 5000 that have a voice mail also. If somebody leave a message to 5000 I would like that each of the phones show a MWI on, until somebody took the voice mail.

is it possible ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Philippe,

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friend Tommer (+5 points here TCat :)

This change in CUCM will light the RED MWI Lamp as well.

You will just need to tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the 5000 (Shared line) Line appearance on the IP Phones;

For the Line Setting on 5000 (on each phone that has the Shared Line)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for this Secondary line (5000). Otherwise you will get the "Flashing Envelope" Icon for new messages as Tommer nicely noted.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure!

The way you have it setup, it should work automatically and give the message envelop on the x5000 line. By default it will not light the light on the phone, only on the primary line. (which can be adjusted in the parameters of cucm)

Unity will try to dial 5000 for MWI on/off. Since its on each phone, it will evenlope the line for you.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Philippe,

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friend Tommer (+5 points here TCat :)

This change in CUCM will light the RED MWI Lamp as well.

You will just need to tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the 5000 (Shared line) Line appearance on the IP Phones;

For the Line Setting on 5000 (on each phone that has the Shared Line)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for this Secondary line (5000). Otherwise you will get the "Flashing Envelope" Icon for new messages as Tommer nicely noted.

Hope this helps!

Rob