Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI request is pending On

hemant.wavhal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(4) SR 1.

I tried to send the Voice mail to one of the Subscriber. Subscriber received the Voice message.But MWI status was showing "MWI request is pending On". Also there was no notification on the phone of the subscriber (Red light was not glowing on the phone.)

Need help to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Hemant

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the MWI pending match the subscriber extension?

From the IP phone that is having the issue, try dialing the MWI ON extension, if the light turns on, you are ok.

In Unity, it is possible the subscriber MWI is out of sync. You will need to clear all new voicemails from the box, then try to leave a message again.

Or, you can you delete the MWI extension, disable, re-enable it, and sync it again.

This will reset the subscriber MWI status is SQL and Exchange

Hi,

The moment i change the partition of the phone MWI is sent properly to the phone.

Red light glows. The moment i put this phone in different partition, Red light goes off.

In Unity server, the subscriber's setting for MWI shows: MWI is pending ON.

Please suggest.

Placing a phone in a partition does turn on MWI lights all by itself. If the extension you are using is the same as the MWI extension for "on" or "off" that could be a problem.

put the phone in a partition

dial the MWI extension for "on" to make sure the phone can in fact be turned on for MWI and also off.

Make sure you have cleared all voicemails from the users account (or listend to all new messages.)

Delete the MWI extension or completely remove MWI from the subscrbiers

Save

Now re-enable the MWI with an "X" in the extension box.

MWI should say off

Now leave a message for the subscriber. Light come on?

Also, does the extension match the subscribers voicemail extensions? if not, then you are doing some sort of voicemail profile with a "mask"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: