Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help - cucm upgrade

nasirbh78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I want to share something with you and need your help.  currently we are using 6.0.1.2000-3 version and want to shift to cucm 9.0.

I have the new licenses with me. its a UCS BE6K machine.

Can i import Bulk Administration Backup - CSV file into cucm 9.0 in order to register phone. I cannot manually enter phones its 800 extensions.

Please guide me the right upgradation step i will be very thankful to all.

waiting for your prompt reply.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution
15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, the import/export feature works only on the same version, so you need to first upgrade your system. Similar questions have been asked many times here, with Drive to 9 you can go to version 6.1.5 and then upgrade on new hardware.

HTH,

Chris

nasirbh78
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mr. Chris;

I really appreciate your reply. I checked with the following link for right upgrade:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/112017-cucm-upgrade.html

Our version is not listed as it is engineering version : 6.0.1.2000-3  not base version. I am worried which path i should chose for call manager migration on UCS.

I have doubt may be license issue could be occur , Please suggest me for easiest  way....

Upgrade to 6.1.5 first on current hardware.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Dear Mr. Chris;

Before direct upgrade on current hardware , can i first test it on test virtual machine with same mac address on separate network.

I am afraid to do on live machine. and really thanks alot for your suggestion. I will update you once done or comes any problem during upgrade.

Hi Muhammad,

Since it looks like that you would be installing CUCM version 6.1.5 on vmware and then upgrading to version 9.x, you would require using the jump upgrade procedure as documented in the following link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35163

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish;

where i can download cucm 6.1.5 upgrade version ? i checked on cisco downloads but

couldnt find out please help....

i will first upgrade from 6.0.1.2000-4 to 6.1.5 ........

You could, but that would not be supported as Drive9 requires specific versions, it does not mean it would not work, though I've seen many posts on troubles with installing some versions in vmware.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks alot chris for helping ....

Hi Muhammad,

Please remember that you cannot upgrade directly t0 6.1.5 from 6.0.1. You will first need to upgrade to 6.1.2 version, then upgrade to 6.1.3 and then to 6.1.5. There is no direct upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.5. Please check the software compatibility matrix for details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

HTH

Manish

Dear Mr. Manish:

Thanks for your reply. Mr. Manish I have to ask before starting the process it seems to me that a long procedure. let me tell me more things.

1. we have 680 extensions

2. using phone models: 7940 and 7911 series.

3. current cucm version: 6.0.1.2000-3

how i can export license file from cucm version: 6.0.1.2000-3 what is the procedure.

Secondly, what you suggest me either go with jump upgrade or fresh installation and enter all phones manually. we dont need downtime because current cucm is in production enviroment.

I ask all experts kindly tell me the best way to follow as i am junior in voice field.

Hi Muhammad,

There are no license implications for upgrade from 6.0.x to 6.1.5. Jump upgrade is a good option as you will be able to build 6.1.5 on vmware and upgrade to 9.x directly from there. If you do not want to follow the three step upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1.5 then you should build 6.1.5 and enter all configuration manually. if it is ok for you then you can go ahead with the same.

Manish

Dear Manish;

till  6.1.5 i have to follow jump upgrade then can perform direct upgrade from 6.1.5 to 9.0. Is it correct ?

Upgrade from 6.1.5 to 9.x would be jump upgrade and it is possible. Upgrade from 6.0.x to 6.1.5 is a normal cucm upgrade.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: