Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Hi All;

I want to share something with you and need your help.  currently we are using 6.0.1.2000-3 version and want to shift to cucm 9.0.

I have the new licenses with me. its a UCS BE6K machine.

Can i import Bulk Administration Backup - CSV file into cucm 9.0 in order to register phone. I cannot manually enter phones its 800 extensions.

Please guide me the right upgradation step i will be very thankful to all.

waiting for your prompt reply.

Regards.

• Unified Communications Applications
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Need Help - cucm upgrade

15 REPLIES

Need Help - cucm upgrade

No, the import/export feature works only on the same version, so you need to first upgrade your system. Similar questions have been asked many times here, with Drive to 9 you can go to version 6.1.5 and then upgrade on new hardware.

HTH,

Chris

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Dear Mr. Chris;

I really appreciate your reply. I checked with the following link for right upgrade:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/112017-cucm-upgrade.html

Our version is not listed as it is engineering version : 6.0.1.2000-3  not base version. I am worried which path i should chose for call manager migration on UCS.

I have doubt may be license issue could be occur , Please suggest me for easiest  way....

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Upgrade to 6.1.5 first on current hardware.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Dear Mr. Chris;

Before direct upgrade on current hardware , can i first test it on test virtual machine with same mac address on separate network.

I am afraid to do on live machine. and really thanks alot for your suggestion. I will update you once done or comes any problem during upgrade.

Cisco Employee

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Hi Muhammad,

Since it looks like that you would be installing CUCM version 6.1.5 on vmware and then upgrading to version 9.x, you would require using the jump upgrade procedure as documented in the following link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35163

HTH

Manish

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Hi Manish;

where i can download cucm 6.1.5 upgrade version ? i checked on cisco downloads but

couldnt find out please help....

i will first upgrade from 6.0.1.2000-4 to 6.1.5 ........

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Need Help - cucm upgrade

You could, but that would not be supported as Drive9 requires specific versions, it does not mean it would not work, though I've seen many posts on troubles with installing some versions in vmware.

HTH,

Chris

Need Help - cucm upgrade

Thanks alot chris for helping ....

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.