Need Help - How to make conference calls

Dear Experts;

We are currently using the following setup:

a. Cisco Call Manager 9.1

b. Cisco Unity Connection 9.1

c. Cisco Presence 9.1

d. Voice Gateway - 2811 router - H.323 

e. Cisco IP Phone - 7940 series

I want to implement conference call of three lines, at least 3 or 4 persons should be in conference call. How I can implement it , Help suggest me with configuration. Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can have conferences with external parties using the SW CFB, there's no need for a HW CFB bridge. You only need a HW CFB when you want to mix codecs.

Nasir, have you actually tried to make a conference?????

As they guys have mentioned, this is enabled by default, the only config you need (and it's not mandatory) is to get the MRG, MRGL and then assign it to the device pool, or device. And even without MRG and MRGL, it should work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jagpreet Barmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nasir,

Do you want to use the basic adhoc conference feature?

If yes, enable IP Voice Media Streaming App Service on the CM servers. This will host CUCM's' software conference bridges that will registered with the call manager.

Add them to the MRGL of the phone trying to conference and the basic adhoc conference would work for G711 only.

Please elaborate if you have some other requirement.

Regards,

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

Dear Jagpreet Singh Barmi:

Thanks for your reply. I have less knowledge about conference call. In short, i want to configure / implement conference call using the existing setup. what configurations are required ? Can anyone help me ?

Dear, By default conference works for internal phones if "IP Voice Media Streaming App Service" is activated on CUCM, nothing needs to configure for it.

How to make conference call; you can check video clip on youtube.

For meet me conference; you need to configure meet-me number in cucm and then you can use for conference.

If you want to have conference with external users (PSTN) then you need to configure DSPfarm at cisco voice router (there should be enough free DSPs) and these dspfarm should be registered on cucm.

Suresh

You can have conferences with external parties using the SW CFB, there's no need for a HW CFB bridge. You only need a HW CFB when you want to mix codecs.

Nasir, have you actually tried to make a conference?????

As they guys have mentioned, this is enabled by default, the only config you need (and it's not mandatory) is to get the MRG, MRGL and then assign it to the device pool, or device. And even without MRG and MRGL, it should work.

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Yep, I should have said it more specifically.  Anyway thanks a lot for pointing it out (+5) smiley

Suresh

dear expert;

i checked internal conference call option is appearing but when i confirm conference call its disconnected.

service is running and i didn't make any changes.... do you have any document where i can follow the steps for configuration or can you write the steps in point...

if any configuration required on voice gateway also please let me know...

please i need help...

OK, SW CFB ONLY support G711/G722, if you're using other codec, then either you change it to any of those two, or you will need a HW FCB.

It sounds like you're not using G711/G722, and that's causing the issue, check that.

No, no guides with all the steps.

I cannot tell you if you might need to change something in your VGW, I have no idea of your configuration.

HTH

java

THANKS FOR REPLY.... HOW I CAN CHECK WHICH CODEC WE R USING... I THINK SO ON VOICE GATEWAY WE ARE USING G711....

When you setup a call, then just press '?' button twice on IP Phone, you will get to know on what codec call has established.

Suresh

working fine now... conference calls thanks to all