Dear Friend. I have an issue to sort out.One of temporary employee who is going to work for 3 months only in a company. we need to create voice mail without email facility. I do not want to create a separate voice but to create generic voice mail box.How to do it? Is it possible to create voice mail facility without creating subscriber in the unity. May be i want the employee to access his voice mail from the generic voice mail. How to do. Pls give detailed steps.
You will still need to create a subscriber in Unity, either for the generic voicemail user or for the temporary worker. I assume the worker will be getting a phone to use during this time? To simulate voicemail only, here is a way to do:
1. Create AD account and email enable the account
2. Create a voicemail only class of service in Unity that disables TTS. You can optionally disable Unity Inbox or Unity Assistant (whichever you are licensed for)
3. Import the user into Unity with the phone extension
4. Then from the Unity SA, uncheck the box on the subscriber's Profile page that says "Show subscriber in e-mail server address book". This will hide the user from the GAL and other employees cannot send email.
5. The user can press the Messages button to get voicemail or call the remote access number for voicemail.
Another way to handle this if you don't want to assign a physical phone to the user, but want a phone extension for voicemail coverage:
1. Create a CTI route point in Communications Manager with the specific directory number and forward all calls to voicemail
2. Import the user or generic user into Unity. If the CTI route point is extension 23456, use a non-DID number for the subscriber, such as 234561.
3. Create a Unity call handler that matches the same extension as the CTI route point, i.e. 23456. You can elect to create a greeting for the call handler or leave it blank. Set the after message action to Take a message. Select the subscriber you just created as the message recipient.
4. Have the user call into Unity by the remote access number, sign-in, and enter userid 234561, then password, to access any voice messages.
Note: In either of these situations, you can disable the AD account so the user does not login from workstation. The only access to the inbox is via the phone interface.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...