Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need help to do Account Codes on CME/CUE

Hi,

my customer wants a account code for some type of external calls. He wants to dial *XXXXX + phone number, where XXXXX is a five digit account code.

To do that, I configured an ephone-dn on CME with a wildcard *..... and a call forward all to 4005, which is an IVR application on Cisco Unity Express.

On this application, I lookup the "original called number" against a SQL database. If the account code is valid, it runs a "Get Digit String" step simulating a dial tone the get the phone number to dial, after it, the system does a Call Transfer to that number.

It is working fine, but now the customer wants to use the Redial softkey button, which is a problem with this solution, since it will redial only the *XXXXX, because phone number is a series of DTMF digits sents to CUE, not a phone number called from the IP phone.

To solve it, I need to collect the account code + the phone number before route the call do Unity Express. Here is the problem.

1. If I configure a dial-peer pointing the routes to the Unity, I cannot invoke the IVR application, since Unity SIP trigger only supports a specific phone number, not wildcards

2. To maintain the same logic in use now, I can change the wildcard of ephone-dn to collect more digits before do a call forward all to Unity, but only "." (dot) wildcard is supported on ephone-dn and I need to use "T" wildcard for International Calls. The system accepts the "T" wildcard command, but it does not work

I really appreciate some help or an indication of another solution or third party application.

Thanks.

Jefferson

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content