cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help to upgrade Cisco Unity server from 8.5.1 to 8.6.2

ankit.chauhan7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need to urgently upgrade 2 Cisco Unity clusters consisting of 1 PUB & 1 SUB each. I read some of the blogs in forum and also referred other sites for best answers but I am not sure how to proceed with the same. I am doing it first time, so bit nervous. I have Cisco hardware on which the servers are hosted. I have few queries below:-

1. Can I directly upgrade Unity server from Version 8.5.1ES92.14900-92 Unrestricted to Version 8.6.2ES145.25900-145 Unrestricted or I need to perform intermediate upgrade first and then proceed to 8.6.2 ?

2. Do I need to install COP file first and then try to upgrade or I can directly proceed with "UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_8.6.2.25900-8.sgn" file.

Is there any to the point document created by anyone that could guide me step by step. Thanks a ton in advance.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ankit,

Try checking out the notes and links in this great doc from Saurabh,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/checklist-before-upgrading-to-unity-connection-8-6/ba-p/3102032

Cheers!

Rob

I read the steps explained by him and found it it helpful but after doing some research I found that my existing hardware doesn't meet the RAM requirement.

I will need to upgrade the existing 4 GB RAM to 8GB on my hardware platforms i.e. Cisco 7845H2 and Cisco 7835H2. It is to upgrade Cisco Unity Connection server from 8.5.1 to 8.6.2 system version. Can you please help me in confirming the part number to order RAM, is it MEM-7845-H2-1GB. I believe MCS mentioned previously have 8 slots, so Cisco doesn't offer a single 4 GB RAM instead of single 1 GB RAM.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also make sure to read the release notes and the upgrade guide.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Yes trying to understand the process by reading the guide. Just to cross check as I am not sure because of multiple statements, to upgrade from 8.5.1 to 8.6.2 I do not need to run COP before upgrading ?. I can straight away install IOS i.e. UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_8.6.2.25900-8.sgn from network source and continue with the process ?

Regards,

Ankit