Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

new to forum

Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions. I am trying to install cisco unity 4.0.2. this is what i have. a server that just had a new install of windows 2000 advanced server sp3, i dcpromo it to a test dc "unity.corp" in mixed mode. rebooted the server and then i received this error when i run the "cisco unity permissions wizard" the account you are logged in as does not have permission to act as part of the operating system. cisco documentation says i need to be domain admin. i am using the default administrator account which is enterprise admin, domain admin and domain user. why am i receiving this error? also i tried install it on a vmware machine and then connect to a vmware win2k2 server w/ sp3 and e2k but i also recieve that error i thought maybe it was because @ first i had it in native mode, but not i kept it mixed mode and i am also having that problem. any suggestions? all would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

-mike

6 REPLIES

Re: new to forum

forget it i found the answer!

So what's the answer? I'm having the same problem.

I have the same problem. Do you have the answer?

yes, i had to go into GPO and add the account i was using permission to interact with the OS.

i had to go into gpo and add the user account i was using priv. to interact with the os.

Cool. I modified the GPO at the Domain Controllers OU level. Logged off, back on. It seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content