Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CUE Password Recovery

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I was provided by Cisco rep an NM-CUE loaded with a beta version that only works with CallManager server (no express)

I am trying to do two things:

1. Do a password recovery on it

2. Somehow reformat the module so it will work with Callmanager express.

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just do a 'software install clean..' and specify the (new) license package file for CME integration (exactly the same steps except that it won't ask you all the questions it does for the full software install). Once it's loaded, reboot CUE and it'll be ready to go.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. CUE has no passwords configurable. You can session to it from the host router ('serv serv x/y session') and--even though there is an "enable" mode--it doesn't do anything. You can't even set a password for it... it is always blank.

2. Best way is to just reload the software on the module and load a license from callmanager express. See here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml

Thanks for the info.

I got in and did a clean install to CUE 2.3.1

During the install it does not ask me to add a license.

After the install, I loaded cme_2.3.1.pkg

Reload the NM-CUE then did a show soft license.

It still shows:

se-1-4-14-210#

se-1-4-14-210# sh soft lice

Core:

- Application mode: CCM

- Total usable system ports: 8

Voicemail/Auto Attendant:

- Max system mailbox capacity time: 6000

- Default # of general delivery mailboxes: 20

- Default # of personal mailboxes: 100

- Max # of configurable mailboxes: 120

How do I change the application mode from CM to CME?

Just do a 'software install clean..' and specify the (new) license package file for CME integration (exactly the same steps except that it won't ask you all the questions it does for the full software install). Once it's loaded, reboot CUE and it'll be ready to go.

Thanks for the info.

That worked, I guess "Install Clean" was the key.

I was using "download clean"

Regards

Majid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: