cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No option to mark a message urgent

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 3 unity 4.05 systems digitally networked together. Users today have noted that there is no longer the option to mark a message as urgent - this was enabled since day 1. I have checked the conversation and messages page - we are using the standard converstation and the checkbox is selected on all three servers to give the user the choice to mark the message as urgent. Also noted that in another dialing domain configured with the same parameters, users have the option to mark messages urgent , as well the converstation is slightly different, it says " to send your message with normal priority, press 1, to send with urgent priority, press 2. The 3 servers in question only say "to send your message press 1, to play your message, press 3 - it skips the option to mark message.

Hopefully this is an easy one and Im just overlooking something very simple. Any ideas off the top?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right off hand it sounds like you're mixing descriptions of what outside callers hear when leaving a message for a subscriber and what other subscrbers hear when doing a sub to sub meessage - these are very different scenarios.

For outside callers the checkbox on the subscriber/call handler dictates if they can mark a message as urgent or not - this is what you describe in the first scenario (i.e. "To send your message with normal priority, press 1...").

You cannot turn off urgent messages for sub to sub messages - this is always on. It's under the message options item in the after recording menu - it's here you can mark it for return receipt, urgent or future delivery.

So a detailed description of how you're messaging in these cases would be helpfull to figuring out what's going on...

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough but this is for outside callers - when I dial into the main number for the first dialing domain, I leave a message and Unity states "to send your message, press 1, to play your message, press 3....."it skips right over the option to press 2 to mark the message as urgent (and the radio button is selected "Ask caller for their preference" under Mark message urgent.

In the other dialing domain, the same configuration for the messages being marked urgent, and Unity states after leaving a message "to send your message, press 1, to mark it urgent press 2, to play your message, press 3...." this is what I expect to hear but am not hearing on any of the three servers above in the first dialing domain even though all three servers have Mark Messages as urgent clearly selected to give the caller the preference to do so.