Views
Helpful
Replies

No ports on the voice server are available for outgoing calls

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1, Centrex SMDI integration.

I am getting the following message when I try to use a phone as a playback device, " No ports on the voice server are available for outgoing calls". It appears to be set up correctly with a valid phone number and unity server name. I monitored port status while I attempted the playback. Ports are available, one port indicates dailing the phone number then goes to playing greeting for call handler opening greeting and for goodby. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like the partition the Unity ports are in is not able to dial the extension you requested - if the client requests a call and it doesn't connect in a certain amount of time you'll get that generic "no ports available for outgoing calls..." message since it's not sure why the call didn't go through. But it looks like you can see the call going out - Unity ports are just like a phone device - they go off hook and dial the number you passed in - sounds like they are not able to reach the phone number you entered for some reason.

I have tried several variations on phone number and server. I have opened a TAC case. Will post solution when fixed. Thanks for the help!

well, was there a solution??

One possible cause for this is that your switchID does not match an integration with outdial capability. For example, you log in as UnityInstall which maybe is associated to the default Installer subscriber. Then suppose Installer has switchID=0 but there is no switch 0, only a switch 1. In such a case Unity will not be able to find an acceptable outdial port for you.

-Eric

Yes, there is a happy ending to this story.

A while back we started getting 30 second dial tone vm msgs.

I opened a TAC case, was told that maybe running learn dials may help.

Our engineer with our phone company suggested trying to change from loop to ground start with our phone lines that came into unity/dialogic boards.

That fixed our 30 second dial tone problem. What I did not learn for a couple months is that created other problems such as no ports available.

I escalated my TAC case several times and got an engineer who would not give up on my problem.

He got someone from unity engineering/dev team to help.

We had to go back to loop start with our phone lines, apparently this is documented, oops and run learn dial tones.

I hope this may help someone out there so they do not go through the same thing.

Beth